- Navigate to the Pfeiffer Phone Portal at https://phone.pfeiffer.edu
- Two log-in options:
- LOGIN WITH OFFICE 365 with email address and Pfeiffer SignOn
- Login Name (EXT@pfeiffer.edu), where EXT is your Pfeiffer internal extension.
- If you are unable to access your account, you can use the Forgot Login or Forgot Password information on TIPS Mobile or Pfeiffer SignOn page.
- You must be a full-time Pfeiffer employee with an active account to access Webphone.
Please Note: The download will not be offered if you are in Incognito.
Click on the Apps menu at the top right of the screen, then select the Webphone.
Once the Webphone opens, accept any prompts or permissions you see, then click the PWA icon at the right side of the address bar, then click Install.
Once installed, you'll have a stand-alone copy of the TIPS Webphone. This application can run separately from the portal so you can close Chrome without interrupting the Webphone's functioning.
You can also launch the Webphone without having to log back into the portal each time.
On Windows you should have a desktop icon to launch the TIPS Web app, or search in the Start menu.
On Mac OS the TIPS Web application can be found in /Users/<username>/Applications/Chrome Apps/.
The section will allow you to filter between All Contacts (Phone Contacts + Work Contacts), Co-Workers Only, Shared, or Phone (Your Phone Contacts). Selecting a contact will allow you to Call or Message the recipient.
The Dial Pad
Selecting the + button on the bottom right will take you to the dial pad that will allow you to dial numbers manually.
Selecting this option will allow you to view your Call History.
Selecting this option will allow you to view, listen, and delete voicemails.
Selecting this option will allow you to send and receive Chat Messages with Pfeiffer University Employees. The pencil button on the lower right corner will allow you to compose a new message.
This option allows you to change your Answering Rules on the fly.
You must first create your answer rules in the phone portal. See detailed instructions below on how to create Answering Rules and Time Frames.
This option allows you to record your Voicemail Greetings and select the primary. This is useful if you have time off or a holiday.
This allows you to change audio input and output devices.
When you are on a call, you are greeted with the screen depicted to the right. This will allow you to mute, add a call, transfer and switch between your desk phone or mobile phone.
Transfer a Call
Select Transfer, choose between choosing a
contact or dialing a new number.
Allows you to switch phones assigned to your user (mobile and desk phones).
By selecting Log Out you will no longer receive or be able to make calls from your computer.
Set Up Time Frames and Rules –
- Log into https://phone.pfeiffer.edu with your credentials.
- Select Time Frames and Add Time Frame
- Add Time Frame (This one is Office Hours)
- Select Answering Rules and Add Rule
- Configure Answering Rule and Select previously created Time Frame (Example Do Not Disturb)
- Save (You will now see the rule in Answering Rules on Webphone)
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article